I am a military historian, ex regular officer and battlefield guide. The purpose of this blog is to promote my businesses and the causes I support. I want to share some of the things that I find fascinating about military history and why battlefields and battles matter.
My business interests include:-
- Gunner Tours which provide battlefield tours for people interested in gunners and gunnery.
- Air Power Tours offers tours to people interested in military aviation history and the impact of air power.
- British Battlefields which promotes travel to battlefields and military heritage in Britain.
- Business Battlefields is a corporate event business that offers a different type of day out, and the opportunity to explore the lessons that military history can offer to commercial organisations seeking to survive and thrive in a competitive environment.
I offer my services to tour operators as as a battlefield guide through Baldwin Battlefield Tours.
I support several causes
- The Battlefields Trust is a UK based charity dedicated to preserving battlefields , interpreting and developing them for heritage and educational purposes.
- Men Behind the Memorial is a campaign for a national pilgrimage to commemorate the centenary of the Great War and a service to help communities research the stories of those who fought and died and provide a legacy for the future.